NYU Langone Health
Medical Assistant-Faculty Group Practice- * West Palm Beach, FL*
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Faculty Group Practice Medical Assistant.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for assisting physicians and/or Advanced Care Practitioners and nurses in providing patient care. This role is responsible for validating patient identifiers, preparing patients and rooms for examination, measuring and recording vital signs, drawing blood, and collecting other lab samples. The Medial Assistant is also responsible for administrative tasks, such as, scheduling appointments, answering phone calls, and performing data entry.
* Escorts patients to exam rooms
* Cleans and stocks exam rooms
* Measures and records patient vital signs
* Obtains and processes blood samples as per NYULH policy
* Supports quality initiatives by following FGP guidelines for collecting and documenting information in the EMR
* Promotes a positive patient experience
* Communicates effectively with providers and administrative staff, escalate issues
* Answers phone calls
* Reviews and respond to inbasket messages
* Follows up on Rx refill requests
* Assists physician with patient intake & transcribing visit into EPIC
* Performs other duties as needed
Clinical & Administrative Responsibilities
* Completes necessary intake which includes obtaining patient vital signs and other tests within defined scope of practice as needed
* Follows guidelines for validating patient medical record when accessing and updating information, including patient name and date of birth
* Assists with maintaining patient flow to and from exam rooms and treatment areas. Assists in escorting patients and specimens throughout the facility
* Ensures exam rooms and treatment areas are cleaned per infection control standards after each patient
* Communicates the functionality and purpose of MyChart to patients during intake
* Ensures the appropriate translation services or equipment is in place prior to the start of visit
* Assists with blood/specimen collection and ensures proper handling and processing of patient specimens as as per organizational policy & procedure
* Performs Point of Care testing such as: EKG, Glucose Testing, and Pregnancy Test, Urinalysis, following organizational policy & procedure, and with documentation of any required competency in place
* Preps the appropriate patient encounter ensuring that all relevant information for visit is up-to-date including bloodwork, radiology images, medications, and past medical history
* Reviews and imports any "Prepare for your Visit”, "Outside Information” and patient history prior to provider encounter
* Works with clinical team to ensure logbooks related to equipment, specimen collection and other clinical safety measures are followed per FGP standards
* Supports best practice workflows for MIPS by updating medical records with patient vital signs and Histories (Immunization, Medical & Surgical). May also be required to scan and/or upload diagnostic reports according to their description and link them to their associated order in Epic.
* Maintains patient privacy as it relates to HIPPA standards
* Handles appropriate patient calls and documents outcome of all patient communications as needed. Refers all clinical questions/concerns to RN/Provider
* Assists with inbasket message management including any necessary tasks related to patient medical advice requests as per best practices
* Utilizes EPIC functionality to review and update patient records as well as maintain communication with peers and supervisors related to patient care
* Assists physicians with procedure and/or set-up according to the specialty where necessary
* Stocks exam/treatment rooms and/or supply closets with medical supplies, linen and medical equipment as needed. Effectively communicates as supplies need to be replenished
* Cleans and sterilizes designated equipment after use, , following organizational policy & guidelines, and with documentation of required competency in place
* Supports FGP Clinical Quality Management by facilitating appropriate documentation and maintenance of clinical supplies and equipment.
* Reviews appropriate downtime procedures as it relates to patient visit
* Completes annual competencies such as Fire Safety, Hazardous Waste, Medsled, HIPPA compliance, etc
* Partners with administrative and clinical personnel to complete prior authorization, medication refills and referrals related to patient continuity of care
* Assists with prescription refill request by locating requested prescription in EMR, identifying last patient visit, and tasking RN, LPN, or Provider to evaluate, set up and/or process for renewal
* Accompanies physician into exam room and transcribes history, including history of present illness, past medical and surgical history, family and social histories, medications and allergies, physical exam, laboratory and radiologic orders as dictated by the MD and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient
* List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician
* Documents patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc
* Performs other duties as assigned
Patient Experience and Access
* Drives consistency in every patient and colleague encounter by embodying the core principles of our FGP Service Strategy CARES (Connect, Align, Respond, Ensure, and Sign-Off)
* Greets patients warmly and professionally, stating name and role, and clearly communicates each step of the care/interaction as appropriate
* Works collaboratively with colleagues and site management to ensure a positive experience and timely resolution for all patient interactions and inquiries whether in person, by phone or via electronic messaging
* Proactively anticipates patient needs, and participates in service recovery by applying the LEARN model (Listen, Empathize, Apologize, Resolve, Notify), and escalates to leadership as appropriate
* Shares ideas or any observed areas of opportunity, to improve patient experience and patient access, with appropriate leadership. (i.e. ways to optimize provider schedules, how to minimize delays, increase employee engagement, etc.)
* Partners with Patient Access Center and Central Billing Office team members to support collaboration and promote a positive patient experience
* Takes a proactive approach in ensuring that practice staff are fully versed in the Access Agreement gold standard principles
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or the equivalent. Completion of a Medical Assistant Program from an accredited institution OR upon hire hold a current medical assistant Certification from a Nationally Recognized accredited institution (such as American Association of Medical Assistant(AAMA); American Medical Technologies (AMT); National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT); National Healthcare Association (NHA). Competencies: Working knowledge of English is evident in verbal, reading and writing abilities; other language an asset; demonstrated ability in computer skills. Ability to complete multiple tasks efficiently and thrive in a team work environment which pursues a positive patient care experience.
MA experience preferred. EKG, phlebotomy and venipuncture experience preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
For consideration, please apply online here.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $39,601.12 – $42,446.64 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://jobs.nyulangone.org/job/17587618/medical-assistant-faculty-group-practice-west-palm-beach-fl-west-palm-beach-fl/#tab-id-3
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :